Oulton Park’s 2012 race events calendar has been released, with more than 25 events covering cars and bikes.
Two visits from the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship promise plenty of excitement, with reigning champion Tommy Hill leading the pack on 5-7 May, before a return visit on 6-8 July.
The British Touring Car Championship returns on 9-10 June, where Matt Neal and Jason Plato are expected to continue their fierce rivalry. The latter has recently signed to lead MG’s return to the category, whilst Neal races a new Honda Civic and will be hoping not to repeat his controversial incident last year where he took out team mate Gordon Shedden on the final corner of the race.
There are also two big historic-themed events. The Masters Festival opens the season on 17 March with races for cars spanning the decades, whilst the traditional Oulton Park Gold Cup on August Bank Holiday weekend (26-27 August), is expected to end the summer on a high note. On a Bank Holiday theme, the opening round of the British GT and F3 Championships are back with an Easter date on 6, 7 and 9 April).
Oulton Park 2012 season highlights:
- Sat 17 Mar The Masters Historic Festival (International)
- Fri 6-Mon 9 Apr British F3/GT Championships (International)
- Sat 5-Mon 7 May MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (International)
- Sat 9-Sun 10 Jun Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (Island)
- Fri 6-Sun 8 Jul MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (International)
- Sun 26-Mon 27 Aug The Oulton Park Gold Cup (International)