Brands Hatch’s 2012 race events calendar has been released, with over 40 events covering cars, bikes and trucks!
The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship will visit the Kent circuit on three occasions, starting with the opening round on Easter weekend (6-9 April) and returning for a summer party on 20-22 July. The final two days of the July meeting will be held on the Grand Prix circuit, as will the final races of the season on 12-14 October.
The British Touring Car Championship will be holding their opening and closing rounds at Brands Hatch, the latter on the Grand Prix circuit, on 31 March – 1 April and 20-21 October respectively. Meanwhile the spectacular DTM German Touring Cars return, a little earlier this year on 18-20 May, with David Coulthard expected to head up a strong British contingent that includes multiple WTCC champion Andy Priaulx and McLaren test driver Gary Paffett.
There’s also action from the British Truck Racing Championship, which draws huge crowds to the circuit, and the successful Halloween-themed events of the last two years make way for a Guy Fawkes spectacular this November (3-4), following an earlier round on 21-22 April. The FIA Formula Two Championship and International GT Open headline the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit in July (13-15), whilst the British F3 and GT Championships also return with a date in June (23-24).
Two big festivals are planned, with the Mini celebrated in June (16-17), whilst the Lotus marque enjoys its own event in August (18-19), with F1 demonstrations expected from Classic Team Lotus. There’s further historic action in the Masters Historic Festival in May (26-27), whilst the annual Historic Superprix returns in early summer (30 June – 1 July). A more modern slant can be found a week later with Modified Live on 8 July.
The circuit’s big event for 2012 is as a venue for the Paralympic Games, with the Road Cycling events taking place on 5-8 September. Tickets for these can be purchased via the London 2012 website (www.london2012.com).
In addition to these headline events, the circuit hosts packed programmes of club racing week-in, week-out. A huge variety of cars and bikes, both old and new, can be found at these events and a full calendar can be viewed at www.brandshatch.co.uk.
Brands Hatch 2012 season highlights:
- Sat 31 Mar-Sun 1 Apr Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (Indy)
- Fri 6-Mon 9 Apr MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (Indy)
- Sat 21-Sun 22 Apr Delphi British Truck Racing Championship (Indy)
- Fri 18-Sun 20 May DTM (German Touring Cars) (Indy)
- Sat 26-Sun 27 May Masters Historic Festival (GP)
- Sat 16-Sun 17 Jun Mini Festival Brands Hatch (Indy)
- Sat 23-Sun 24 Jun British F3/GT Championships (GP)
- Sat 30 Jun-Sun 1 Jul HSCC Superprix with FIA Historic Formula One (GP)
- Sun 8 Jul Modified Live
- Fri 13-Sun 15 Jul FIA Formula Two and International GT Open (GP)
- Fri 20-Sun 22 Jul MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (GP)
- Sat 18-Sun 19 Aug Lotus Festival (GP)
- Wed 5-Sat 8 Sep Paralympic Games Road Cycling
- Fri 12-Sun 14 Oct MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (GP)
- Sat 20-Sun 21 Oct Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (GP)
- Sat 27-Sun 28 Oct Formula Ford Festival (Indy)
- Sat 3-Sun 4 Nov Delphi British Truck Racing Championship (Indy)
- Sat 24 Nov Britcar ‘Into the Night’ Race (Indy)